Thursday, August 28, 2008

End of summer

The end of summer is near. The morning temperatures have been in the 40's. School will start next week. And the summer reading program came to and end on Monday. Sara, Abigail, and Laura all had the most minutes read in their ages divisions for the whole bookmobile route. They each received books for their prize.
Laura received a set of 26 alphabet books featuring her favorite cartoon characters of Dora and Boots.

Abby got three new books.


Sara received this very cool Robert Sabuda pop-up book of Narnia. I'll have to take pictures of the pop-ups sometime. They are awesome!

We also had a little visitor to our house on Tuesday.

This hummingbird followed Ira in and tried to get out by tapping on our kitchen window. I tried to shoo it out the door with a broom but ended up having to open the window instead, after I took pictures of course. :)

1 comment:

These Are The Days said...

Hi,

You don't know me but I found your blog at the beginning of the summer when I was getting ready for my first year of home school. Your kids are adorable and I love that you had the chance to capture a photo of that cute humming bird. I look forward to seeing what kind of things you are up to this year as I can use all the pointers I can get. :)