Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spiritual Renewal

During the dog days of summer the farming is relentless. Our schedule gets topsy-turvy. Everything is done according to the weather. Work is done day and night. Though I think I'm organized I have found one thing lacking. My daily personal scripture study has become almost obsolete for these last couple of weeks. Boy, can I feel a difference. My days seems to zip by without any meaning to them; they are one big discombobulated mess. My spirit is becoming malnourished without that constant feeding off of holy script. So my new resolve this week, the TOP of my priority list is to read, ponder, and study the scriptures.

"What a glorious blessing! For when we want to speak to God, we pray. And when we want Him to speak to us, we search the scriptures; for His words are spoken through His prophets. He will then teach us as we listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. If you have not heard His voice speaking to you lately, return with new eyes and new ears to the scriptures. They are our spiritual lifeline."
~
Robert D. Hales~


I love the scriptures. The language is soothing and calming. They bring peace to my soul and renew my spiritual strength. Now that I'm feeling good on the outside, I want to feel good on the inside. I know I should have worked on this the other way around but at least I'm getting there!

Here are my other habits I'm working on:

Habit 10 Look my best each day - I was 95% for the last two weeks and I felt great!

Habit 9 Mark my habits off on my chart
Habit 8 Read to my children everyday. LOVING THIS!
Habit 7 Hand written letters - easy when the goal is only one a week!
Habit 6 Latch on to the Affirmative
doing great!
Habit 5 Stick to a school schedule
Habit 4 Tickle the Ivory
Habit 3 Clean as I go - becoming a habit!
Habit 2 Use positive reinforcement-noticed a huge difference in my children
Habit 1 Exercise for 30 minutes every day

11 comments:

mistihollrah said...

Great list of habits! I know what you mean about not having quiet time & the day going by without meaning. I think that our quiet time gives are day purpose & keeps me on track!

An Ordinary Mom said...

After being out of town for a few weeks, this habit of mine got left on the wayside. Yesterday I started it back up again and it felt so good.

Enjoy studying your scriptures this week!

Mrs. O said...

I love that quote! And now your beauty will be even more because you will have that glow that comes from inside and from being truly happy.

I am so inpressed with your 95% especially during the height of the farming season!

Robin said...

Great habits.

Have an excellent week.

*Merry Girls* said...

I am imbarassed to say that I have let mine go for a couple of months. I know I am bad but I started reading daily this past week and it has changed every angle of my life. It so easy to let it slip with out even noticing but bring it back gives indescribe able peace and joy.

Lara said...

Yes, this habit is a must. I was reading with the kids but neglecting my own scripture study. I'm still not doing it every day but at least I'm working on it now.

My husband read your post and was impressed that you're farmers while we're pretending to be farmers! Maybe you could tell us what kind of hay barn to build if we want to store hay for horses. Does it need to be totally enclosed so the hay doesn't get wet?

Anonymous said...

yes, this one is an important habit to hold to. i sometimes go through periods where i don't pick up the scriptures. the last time i did that i read ether where the lord is speaking to the brother of jared about how he should sin no more because he had forgotten to call upon Him. oh boy did that feel like a pull on the ears.

Lei said...

If I were to make a list, it would look an awful lot like yours! Best of luck!

Misty said...

Thanks for the reminder. I, too, need to better at this! I've been focusing on trying to remember to pray, and every thing else gos to the way-side! That'll be the day when I remember to do it all!

An Ordinary Mom said...

When you get a chance, come claim your award!

Ice Cream said...

Awesome quote. This is certainly an area that I have always needed to work on. Let me know how you get it to work for you.