Saturday, February 24, 2007

Rub a dub dub

Joseph went to Fallon this morning to pick up a crane the farm bought. So the kids and I went to our ward activity today giving our church building a thorough cleaning. Ira fell asleep on our way in and slept for two hours so I was able to clean and help more than I thought I'd be able to. I cleaned the ovens and microwave while Eve and Marie cleaned out the fridge (since they've had some experience in that department). Sara and the littler girls were in charge of polishing all the drinking fountains and metal doorknobs and then scrubbing the trashcans. After that we cleaned the tops of all the tables in the classrooms and the ones used for ward parties. Quite a few families were there helping - cleaning windows, vacuuming the chapel, cleaning the kitchen, mopping the gym floor, vacuuming the curtains on the stage, scrubbing nursery toys, etc. On our way home I stopped by the dry cleaners to pick up Joseph's two suits and they were closed! I didn't realize they closed at 1:00 on Saturdays. Oops! We'll see what he ends up wearing to church tomorrow if he decides to go. He's come down with the sickness I had two weeks ago though he isn't quite as tired as I was.

No comments: