Sunday, February 11, 2007

Recent Happenings

Ira, Eve and I are home sick today. I feel bad about not going to church. I was supposed to fill in for the organist in Sacrament meeting and it’s my week to teach sharing time. I feel like I’ve abandoned my duties but I’m just too weak, achy, and tired to get anything done. I can barely even hold Ira. The sickness came on fast yesterday evening and I also felt somewhat nauseous. Now I’m just weak and exhausted. I’m so glad we have a wonderful Primary President who just took over my sharing time with a happy heart. It’s all planned out and easy – on the creation. But she is by herself today because the other counselor had a beautiful baby boy on Wednesday. (Congrats, Melanie!)

On Friday we took the kids to Fallon to visit with grandparents while Joseph, Ira and I went on to Reno. While Joseph did an endowment session in the temple I went to the mall to do some shopping. I had two goals in mind: 1. Go to Sephora and try Bare Minerals, 2. Find a simple black skirt to wear while I’m still ‘in-between’ sizes (meaning not quite fitting into my regular church clothes yet, they are a little snug). After going to several stores I did find a black skirt that I liked and it fit really well, but then I saw the price tag and the skirt is still at the store hanging on the rack. :D There is no way I’m going to pay that much for a skirt that I’m hoping to wear for only a few months. Next I went to Sephora and had a blast as I got a make-up makeover. I LOVE the BareMinerals foundation. You can read more about it here.

We went to Deseret Book when Joseph was finished at the temple. We easily spent $200 on new books and Joseph also bought a new set of scriptures. He had them embossed with his name but we didn’t realize until we got back to Fallon that the bible they embossed was a used one with someone else’s name scratched out underneath Joseph’s. We are hoping it was just an honest mistake (the clerk was an elderly lady) but the scriptures we purchased were brand new and the bible they gave us was not. We had to call them on Saturday and they will make it right whenever we can get back to Reno. Other books we bought were
* ‘What Latter-day Stripling Warriors Learn From Their Mothers’ by Ardeth Greene Kapp,
* a small leather bound version of ‘Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith’ (it looks like scriptures and is small so it can fit in your scripture case),
* a new ‘Church History in the Fullness of Times’ (our other one is falling apart),
* easy piano music to Pride and Prejudice for the girls,
* a CD of ready made Primary talks
* and ‘Daughters of God: Scriptural Portraits’ by S. Michael Wilcox, which I first learned about here.

The last store we went to was WinCo (Joseph calls it Mexico because of all the Mexicans that shop there after 5pm). We bought food to resupply what we’ve used from our food storage. The cashier made the comment that we must be purchasing for a small army. When I told her we had seven children she replied that I looked to young to have seven kids. Joseph, who has a quick wit, said it was my new make-up. :D

We spent Friday night in Fallon and then traveled back home Saturday morning. The long drive seemed shorter as we listened to Farmer Boy on CD. I think that’s my favorite Little House book. The Audio tapes are well done, being read by Cherry Jones. The girls helped us put all the food away and then we watched movies, cleaned the house, and I got sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Love your book choices. :-)