Friday, January 05, 2007

Ameliorations

I am excited for this coming year. I have so many things I want to accomplish: create a better educational environment for the girls, take more pictures and learn how to use my new camera, lose a little weight (about 15 pounds), have regular family home evenings, and participate in A Mother's Educational Course for LDS. I have done this course for the last two years and have learned so much. I am looking forward to the courses we will be studying this year including photography and art appreciation. We will be learning about LDS and non-LDS artists including my all-time favorite, Minerva Teichert (see the above image).

Joseph and I were talking about how we need to try harder to have regular family home evenings, not just ones thrown together at the last minute. Who should call a few days later but the Home, Family, and Personal Enrichment counselor from Relief Society asking if I could be responsible for starting an enrichment group about Family Home Evening! I told her yes knowing that the teacher often learns more than the students and this is definitely one area I need to work on. Isn't it funny how things work like that sometimes?


On a different note, we are preparing for an eventful weekend. Tomorrow morning we have a "Meet Your Teacher Breakfast" for a Primary Activity and then in the evening Sara will be getting baptized. Because Joseph's parents will be working at the Reno Temple (his dad is a sealer) and the stake will not allow us to change her baptism to a different day, Sara will be confirmed Sunday after church so they can be there. Ira will be blessed in Sacrament Meeting on Sunday and so we will have a lot of family there, including Joseph's parents.

No comments: