Saturday, April 15, 2006

Visit from the Easter Bunny

Joseph and I decided to have the Easter bunny visit a day early this year. We want the girls to have Easter fun but also wanted to reserve Sunday as the real focus on the atonement and resurrection. They didn't seem to mind at all. We didn't tell them, we just left their baskets out on the table as a surprise when they woke up this morning.

Joseph didn't leave for work until they'd all seen their pink John Deere shirts. The local western store was selling them for $18 a piece so I decided to save some money and make my own. I bought the pink shirts for $3 a piece at Wal-Mart and then printed the JD logo and 'Country Girl' saying onto iron-on transfer sheets. All in all we spent $22 for all the shirts.

We also dyed eggs this morning. Sara still didn't feel well yesterday and we didn't want to add to her agony by doing the fun stuff without her. We 'tie-dyed' most of the eggs. I got the idea from the latest Family Fun magazine. It was so easy!

We still have one more surprise left for the girls. They can't see their new Easter dresses from Grandma and Grandpa V until tomorrow. :-D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Montse,

You're girls are adorable. I have 5 boys and 1 girl and always tease my boys that I "know" the perfect girls for them all to marry.

How does the logo on the shirts hold up when you wash and dry them? They turned out great! Happy Easter.

Amy in CA

Anonymous said...

You girls look so pretty in your new pink t-shirts. I love the "country girl" logos! Happy Easter everybody!

Julie Lybbert and Family