Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Families are Forever

Okay, obviously I didn't straighten out the pictures before I took this photo. Joseph and I decided to take pictures of us with each of the girls by themselves. So they each have one of just them and Mom and just them and Dad. Eventually I'm going to hang pictures of our extended family and ancestors on this wall too. My objective is to completely cover the wall (hopefully it wont' fall down!) We want the girls to develop a sense of who their ancestors are and what attributes they inherited from them: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really a beautiful idea that I'm sure your daughters will treasure as they grow up. I am hoping to do something similar with a "women" pedigree chart. Sheri Dew said something once about picturing in our mind all the strong women who have gone before us and are pulling for us and suppporting us from the other side. I thought I could do something tangible for my girls. Your family is lucky to have you!
Becky:)

Montserrat said...

Thanks, Becky! That's actually what started it all. We had a "Female Family History" study in February two years ago and I collected all these great stories and pictures from fabulous women on both sides of the family. It was wonderful and the girls love to share the stories of their ancestors in talks and lessons at church.

Anonymous said...

What a neat wall!
It will be a treasure!

athena said...

Hmm. What a good idea--a Female Family History. I better start collecting stories from my family on both sides too. So far I only have my parents' journals.

I had to giggle about you hoping that the wall won't fall down.

Did you paint the Families Are Forever sign?

Montserrat said...

I did paint the sign myself. I used a leftover board from a different project and found the f a f block letters in a clearance bin at Wal-Mart for 25 cents a piece. Couldn't pass that up!