Monday, June 21, 2010

This boy!

Ira is quite the character. Right now anything that is over a foot long becomes a rifle. If it's made of wood, even better. He usually dresses up in long sleeved button down shirts (usually his church shirts), jeans with a leather belt, and boots.When those are all dirty then he'll settle for short sleeved t-shirts.



He LOVES to help me in the garden. I show him what weeds to pull and he does a very thorough job. He also likes to change the water on the garden rows. It takes at least 30 minutes for a row to be watered (on a slow drip). The other day we worked in the garden and then went in to the house to do other things while a row was being watered. Ira asked if he could go change the water when it was time. I sent him out and watched from our deck to see what he would do. He first ran to the bottom of the row to make sure the whole row received water. Then he went to the top and moved the hose to the next row. I thought he would come in but he decided to climb trees in the orchard instead. About 30 minutes later I yelled out to him to change the water again. He repeated what he did before, checking to make sure the whole row was watered before moving the hose. He went back into the orchard to play. 30 minutes later I walked out to turn off the hose. I could hear Ira singing in the orchard. I stopped to watch him. He was dancing and singing "Bet on It" from High School Musical! It was hilarious! He had the moves down and everything. When he saw me he stopped and said, "Hi, Mom! I was just singing."



Ira has an ear for music or, rather, learning any type of music well and quickly. He's well rounded in his choices. He'll sing High School Musical songs one minute and then sing the theme song to "Savage Sam" the next. He also enjoys singing Primary songs and hymns. Another favorite of his to sing is "All We Like Sheep" from Handel's Messiah. He learned it from watching Perfect Harmony. I think I'm going to expose him to Josh Groban, El Divo, and the Ten Tenors now so he'll grow up liking them. ☺ Then when I'm old he can serenade me.





Ira gives me huge hugs and tells me "I'm dad's son but I'm your boy." That he is!

No comments: