Saturday, September 29, 2007

You are what you eat

This week has been Eve's turn to plan the menu and cook. I love it because I don't have to do anything, we get three square meals a day, but that also means we get dessert everyday too. Eve is really good at cooking AND baking. We've had peach crisp, brownies, pineapple cookies, Laura's birthday cake, chocolate chip cookies, and yesterday we had homemade strawberry rhubarb pie. Very yummy! Now that's it the end of the week I feel sluggish because of all the sweets. So my new habit to work on is to eat healthier and not give in to all the sweets, just some. I also need to exercise. I haven't been doing it the past couple of weeks and that is contributing to my sluggishness I'm sure. The weather is so beautiful I plan on walking/running at least four days this week.

Take a look at the card below. I first saw this on my friend Julie's blog. Each Saturday I'm going be posting my habits to work on using this format.Catalog Card Generator

My other habits can be seen here. I'm doing relatively well with those.

6 comments:

An Ordinary Mom said...

I like the card catalog idea!

Enjoy eating healthier and exercising this week!

Ice Cream said...

What a cute way to present your goals. How could you possibly say no to any of those yummy things. I am so jealous that you have a personal chef to help you out. How old is she?

Robin said...

I like the way the card catalog cards look. I wish you well with your habits this week.

Have a SMART week

wild murdocks said...

I know that older boys have crushes on Eve, but maybe we could arrange a marraige with one of my younger boys so that she could cook for me! How dreamy! (I've been trying to think of who would have the secret crush--you'll have to give me a hint!)

Lara said...

Such a fun card!

Isn't it wonderful having a cook in the family? I wouldn't be surviving right now without mine! It will be nice when she's a little older though and it doesn't take ALL night to make dinner. I don't know how she has the patience for it but she does.

Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

the cared is so great! i really like it. so glad to hear the you have help with the cooking. i love that you let her plan and let her include dessert if she wants. how fun! have a great week and good luck with the healthier menu and getting some excercise.