Friday, March 17, 2006

Meet Zina


I played Zina (long i sound) D. H. Young last night in our Relief Society play, commemorating the birthday of this wonderful organization. To learn more about Relief Society click here.

I jumped at the chance to make this costume because I've always wanted something from this time period (1890's) and it was great fun playing dress-up. (Sylvie do you want to come to our house and play to? Bring all your hats!) The director of the play wanted each woman representing each past General Relief Society President to wear attire depicting the time period they served in, not neccesarily what the President wore themselves. It was a blast, especially as the play progressed to the 50's, 60's, 70's, and 80's. So many women in the audience were laughing hysterically at the clothes and hair-do's. Some were even brave enough to admit they wore clothes and hair like that!

5 comments:

athena said...

beautiful gown montse! you look really grand in it too. i don't know a whole lot about the character you played but if she was one of integrity and courage i can imagine they chose the most appropriate person to play her. alot of work and hassles by the sounds of it, but i hope the experience was worth it!

andalucy said...

Wow, Montse! You are a talented seamstress! You look very regal in the dress. I want one!

Vanessa and Rebecca said...

fun!!! How cool is that?! I'm glad you had fun doing that.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Did you really make that dress?? Wow!!! You are a mult-talented lady!! I very much admire you.

Julie Lybbert

Anonymous said...

Great Job Montse! The dress is awesome! I really enjoy seeing the pictures you post. I might even trying posting some if I can figure this thing out! Have a super day!
Annalee