Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Little Red Hen

I always feel like the Little Red Hen when I make wheat bread because I have to grind the wheat to have enough flour. I love this recipe!

Wheat Bread
In a small saucepan heat to warm:
2 cups milk
2/3 cup oil
1 cup honey
In a mixing bowl dissolve:
4 TBSP. yeast
1 TBSP. sugar
in 2 1/2 cups warm water. Add 2 TBSP. salt. Pour milk mixture into mixing bowl. Gradually add 12-15 cups wheat flour to make a soft but not sticky dough. (Today I used 13 1/2 cups of flour). Knead dough and place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350. Divide dough into four equal portions. Shape each into a loaf and place in greased bread pans. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake for 30 minutes. Take out of pans and brush tops and sides with butter. Enjoy!

2 comments:

athena said...

i'm impressed by you montse! i really am. when i grow up i want to be like you.

Anonymous said...

HI Montse,

I made this recipe today; it was delicious. Similar to the one I usually make, but more oil and honey. We devoured it for lunch. Thanks!

Amy